Sweaty footprints, spills, and dust are just a few of the things that the poor floors in our house have to endure from our family’s daily craziness.
When it’s time to clean up, we have a variety of options but most recently, I had the opportunity to evaluate the Hoover FloorMate SteamScrub 2-In-1 Steam Cleaner.
The Hoover® SteamScrub™ 2-IN-1 is a dual-purpose unit that revitalizes both hardwood, carpeted, and other household surfaces to remove even the most stubborn set-in stains with SteamStream™ Technology.
I’m already a huge fan of Hoover thanks to my awesome cordless Air vacuum, so I was excited to see what I could accomplish with the FloorMate.
Similar to the Hoover Air, the floor steamer is lightweight!
The Hoover Floormate comes with many different parts but they all serve their purpose.
As I laid everything out on the floor I was a little overwhelmed but then realized how quick and easy it was to snap everything together.
As you can see by my timelapse video, while I was putting everything together I did get a little bit confused with the instructions. I wasn’t quite sure about how to install the additional tools that attach to the steamer. I was hoping that the instructions would be a little more clear on how it works, maybe others would get it right away, but I got caught up with the cord release knobs for too long!
Once I figured all of that out I prepared to put in the solution as well as the water. It’s amazing how little water and solution you actually use. I love the fact that you can just use water though, that is typically how we tackle daily maintenance for our super high traffic hardwoods
I also struggled a tiny bit with the carpet glider because I thought it attached underneath the microfibre mop, I didn’t recognize that they were two totally separate pieces, but have no fear I eventually figured it out!
It literally takes seconds for the steamer to heat up which is indicated by a green light.
It was time to turn this baby on and steam clean my floor!
I tested it out on my tile floors first because I wasn’t sure how it would work on our hardwood floors. I tried it on the hardwoods in a low traffic area and it worked just fine! I have successfully used the steamer on my hardwood floors, which is where we get the most traffic, and can see a difference. Check out the pics from our entranceway below. This area in addition to the kitchen is where the Hoover SteamScrub 2N1 will get the most use at our house.
Alrighty, so what are my overall thoughts? Well…
AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY:
- I really wish this was a cordless machine similar to the Hoover Air because the cord gets in the way and you aren’t able to maneuver as seamlessly as you can with a cordless machine
- I’d prefer a larger size mop (i.e rectangular shape vs triangular shape), especially for cleaning large areas
- On the handle there is a holder for a nozzle tool for when you’re ready to use the hose for all of your smaller needs, it kept falling out every time I was using the machine.
- I wasn’t sure what level to put the steam control dial on – it shows Min to Max but does that mean Min for hardwoods, Max for tiles? I chose the middle, as there was nothing listed in the instructions.
PEGCITYLOVELY’s FAVE POINTS:
- I love how quickly you can set it up and start using it
- I love also the lightweight factor of this appliance
- I also like that you don’t have to use the solution you can use only water and the microfibre mop. I will only use the solution if absolutely necessary for items that have been built on the floor that are sticky etc.
- I love the extra tools and the fact that it turns into a hand steamer which allows you to spot clean certain areas, clean your grout and tiles, even clean upholstery! It’s really versatile and can be used throughout the house, not just on your floors.
What are your favourite features of the Hoover Floormate SteamScrub 2N1 Steam Cleaner?