Do you ever have so many thoughts going on in your head that you don’t know where to begin? Do you have a blog and wonder how to create content with those thoughts?
I’m talking mental diarrhea folks, no joke! My brain is bursting with so much STUFF! Creative blog posts and ideas, brand/company partnership and pitch ideas, conference sponsorship ideas, conference planning ideas, conference attendance ideas, vlogging, monetizing, – you name it, I’m thinking about it! I seem to be in a constant brainstorming mode and creating content from it all seems like a daunting task. I love the challenge but I need to harness these thoughts and ideas ASAP! I know that I will turn them into something magical.
I know, I know, there’s probably an ‘app for that’ right?! I use Evernote, Awesome Note, Dragon Dictation, but a lot of the time I still have to get the info INTO the app itself! I wish there was an app that would sit me down and make me take the time to release the gazillion thoughts and processes that have overtaken my head-space lately.
Maybe I just need to schedule that much needed and elusive ‘ME time’ to organize my brain? Hmmm, how much time will I need? In a fantasy world, probably a minimum of 8-10 hours, in reality, 2-3 hours might allow for a nice head-start.
Ok, so here’s what I’m going to do:
- Breathe and relax – It’s all good, everything in its time as they say!
- Vomit on the page! haha I’m all about the visual imagery eh? What do I mean? Old school pen and paper folks! I will put everything I can on a traditional to-do list. I know I have all of these wonderful apps and tools that can do that for me thanks to my smartphone BUT I also have access to all of my social media and email etc on that same phone – gotta lose the distractions!
- Get some much needed alone time! Tell my wonderful fiance I need a 3 hour window of time to get caught up OFFSITE without him or the children – He wouldn’t be my fiance if he wasn’t supportive, right? (wink, wink)
- Prioritize – What tasks do I absolutely have to complete first, in order of importance? Finish one task to completion in 15 minute intervals, before moving on to the next.
- Shut off the social media and turn on the music! No Facebook, No Twitter, No Pinterest , No Instagram, NADA. I work best with tunes playing in the background, that’s how I knock off household chores and it works just fine!
My goal is to take a good chunk out of that list and start on my next goal of blog planning and organization with the help of some amazing blog exercises I’ve been following. Wish me luck!
What are your time management tips? How do you harness your creativity? Share your tips!