Canada is a country with so much amazing musical talent and I’m proud to call it my home! Michael Bublé is one of those talented artists, who has recently released “To Be Loved”, a wonderfully romantic and fun album.
I love Michael’s distinctive voice. If someone gave me 20 different singers to listen to, and he was one of them, I’d always be able to pick him out. He has that old school jazzy crooner sound that just puts you in a “chill” kind of mood.
To Be Loved, out now, finds the Grammy winner covering songs by Frank Sinatra, the Bee Gees, Jackson 5, Elvis Presley, Van Morrison, and more. In the mix of golden standards are four original songs co-written by Bublé, dipping into his personal life for inspiration.
“I want to take you on a wonderful journey about love—all different kinds of love,” Michael says. “The album swings big time: it rocks, it’s soulful, it’s happy, sometimes a little sad. It’s romantic, it’s yummy, and it’s heartfelt.”
I couldn’t agree more! There are 14 awesome tracks on this album but I have my favourites:
- The title track “To Be Loved”, is incredibly romantic and sweet. It’s the type of song that you stop what you are doing, grab your significant other and start waltzing in the middle of the kitchen or living room or wherever you are!
- “After All” which features another ridiculously talented Canadian artist Bryan Adams is one of those great radio tunes that you listen to with the windows rolled down as you drive on the highway. It’s the type of song where you and all of your friends sing along and know all of the words. Love it!
- “Close Your Eyes” is a beautiful ballad that lyrically touched me. You could tell that he wrote this to the love of his life, and that he has such an appreciation for her and women in his life.
- “Come Dance with Me” made me want to dance! This is the perfect morning song as you get ready to start your day! It’s fun, it’s refreshing and
- “Who’s Lovin You” has been sung by many and I can honestly say I will add Michael’s rendition to my faves, right up there with the Michael Jackson and Terence Trent D’Arby versions. Michael displays a different rawness in his voice, and I enjoyed his soulful riffs in the song. It was a step away from his traditional jazz/pop sound. I love this awesome clip from a NYC subway where he did an impromptu acappella performance of this song with Naturally 7!
Already have the album? What’s your favourite song and why?
To Be Loved Track Listing:
1. “You Make Me Feel So Young”
2. “It’s a Beautiful Day”
3. “To Love Somebody”
4. “Who’s Lovin You”
5. “Something Stupid” (featuring Reese Witherspoon)
6. “Come Dance with Me”
7. “Close Your Eyes”
8. “After All” (featuring Bryan Adams)
9. “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” (with Naturally 7)
10. “To Be Loved”
11. “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”
12. “Nevertheless (I’m in Love with You)” (featuring The Puppini Sisters)
13. “I Got It Easy”
14. “Young at Heart”