Prepare peanut sauce up to 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
These spicy shrimp satays will be the stars of your appetizer tray.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced gingerroot
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 12 9 inch bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in hot water for 30 minutes
- In food processor, mince garlic. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, gingerroot and honey, and process until smooth.
- Thread shrimp loosely onto bamboo skewers, 3 to 4 shrimp per skewer, leaving space at each end. Brush sauce over shrimp, covering both sides. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes or for up to 1 hour.
- Spray both sides of contact grill with vegetable cooking spray or oil. Place shrimp skewers on grill, close lid and grill for 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
Use natural smooth peanut butter for best results. If using processed peanut butter, reduce the amount of honey by half.