Pumpkin cornbread is a great side dish for any time of year!
Pumpkin Cornbread (Guiding Stars)
- 1 1/4 cups corn meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together corn meal, flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, pumpkin and milk. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Oil an oven-safe skillet and pour in batter. Bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden. Insert toothpick into middle and ensure it comes out with fine, dry crumb.
As posted in Guiding Stars Program Recipes.