Tomato Biryani is a fragrant dish that can work as a quick dinner or perfect weekday lunch. For some added flavour and texture, add some fresh chopped tomatoes.
Sharwood’s Tomato Biryani Recipe (20 Minutes)
Recipe courtesy of Sharwood’s Indian Sauces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 jar Sharwood's Tomato Biryani Cooking Sauce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes optional
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 4 dollops plain yogurt optional
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium to large size saucepan.
- Chop the tomato into small, fine pieces. Fry in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add Sharwood’s Tomato Biryani sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- To prepare the rice, wash the rice in a large bowl of room temperature water. Swirl your hand through the water to remove excess starch. Repeat this process until water runs clear.
- Drain the rice. Fill a medium saucepan with 1 ¾ cups of water and add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and stir, wait until the water comes back to a full boil. When it boils, turn the heat down low and then cover. Cook for 15 minutes
- Stir the rice into the sauce mixture. Serve with side of plain yogurt and chilies if desired.