Here we are, midway through the first month of 2015! Did you write down any goals or make any resolutions?
I don’t usually announce my New Year’s resolutions per se but I always reflect on the year before and document a few personal goals I’d like to achieve each year. I believe by sharing them, I’ll be more accountable in completing and achieving them.
As I continue to read other blogs and connect with amazing people online, I am always amazed at the sheer magnitude of ideas that people share, and ideas that I align with. It’s not that I want to copy them but I enjoy taking an idea that I know I can “Natalie-ize” and incorporate into my own life. I would hope that others reciprocate in a positive way.
One theme I noticed this new year was a lot of people not making traditional resolution lists but choosing a word for the year. A word that will be the theme for their goals and life for the entire year.
So, I picked a word and it’s a word that is a constant part of my vocabulary but a word that will have my focus and be my own personal theme for 2015.
My word for 2015 is: ELEVATE
v.tr. ele·vat·ed, ele·vat·ing, ele·vates
In everything thing I do, I try to achieve the “next level” or elevate in a positive way. I’m all about continuous improvement but I’m also not cool with status quo.
For 2015, as I approach my 40th birthday milestone, I recognize the need to truly focus on this word. It’s a fitting word for me no matter how I incorporate it:
- elevate my health and remember I have to take care of me in order to take care of others
- elevate my parenting and quality time with my children
- elevate my relationships with my fiancé
- elevate my relationships with family and friends (both offline and online)
- elevate my health and nutrition by consistently evaluating my food choices
- elevate my physical activity – make the time every day
- elevate my inner chef as I’m loving to create more and more in the kitchen
- elevate my blog and subsequent content – focus on what I do well and do more of it
- elevate my networking skills and the ability to make great connections across the globe
- elevate my overall life experiences whether it’s with travel, media trips or local arts, culture, events and attractions. There is culture on every corner!
Heck, I wouldn’t mind elevating my wardrobe. Actually, that’s a necessity haha!
I guess you could say these ARE my 2015 New Year’s resolutions right?
I know for a fact that this word as a life theme will extend beyond 2015. I’m looking forward to achieving everything I set out to do.
Have you chosen a word for 2015? If not, did you make resolutions or set goals? I would love to read them – please share in the comments below or link up your own posts.
Cheers to 2015 and all of our successes!