Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs
Perfect for a romantic date night in!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 skin on bone-in chicken thighs a little less than 2lb total
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine pinot grigio used for this recipe
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 3" sprig rosemary needles stripped from the stem and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon the juice only
- 1/2 32 oz bag Alexia Roasted Tri-Cut Potatoes with Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Position one oven rack in the lower third of the oven and the other in the centre.
- Season both sides of the chicken well with seasoned salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Preheat an oven proof skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot, add the chicken, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until it develops some good deep golden brown color. Discard any oil from the pan.
- To the same skillet over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, allow it to reduce by half, this will take about 30 seconds, add the lemon juice, chicken stock and rosemary and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce (skin side up) and pop it all in the oven on the middle rack. Roast for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Scatter the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, and pop them in the oven on the lower rack. Roast alongside the chicken giving them a toss every 10 minutes to insure even cooking. Ten minutes after you put them in, sprinkle some rosemary over top (doing this at this point helps the rosemary adhere to the potatoes) and continue roasting.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, scatter over some parsley and serve alongside the roasted potatoes.