A few weeks ago Subway Canada announced a delicious and savoury new option at their locations, the Butter Chicken sandwich!
How did I find out about it?
Well, they sent me this as a hint:
Yep, that’s right, they sent me a snazzy tin called a Masala Dabba of all of the spices one would use to make Butter Chicken!
- Cardamom – used in both sweet and savoury dishes, it has woody notes, a citrusy undertone and a floral yet somewhat spicy scent.
- Coriander – it’s the dried seed of cilantro (I had no idea)! It has a warm taste with hints of lemon, orange and sage. It’s often used to enhance flavouring.
- Cinnamon – a delicate yet strong flavour, it’s a great complement to other spices.
- Ginger – a sharp yet subtle flavour with a tangy freshness and slightly sweet/pungent aroma. It is also a great complement to sweet or savoury dishes.
- Red Chili Pepper – a pungent hot powder with a little bite! It adds the piquancy and flavour to many dishes.
Subway Canada is using all of these spices to create the fragrant and tasty sauce for their own Butter Chicken sandwich. It’s also free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives as well!
Have you had the chance to try one yet?
Here are my 3 reasons why you need to if you haven’t yet!
- It’s nice to go outside of your comfort zone of typical sandwiches. Walk on the wild side!
- If you already love this popular Indian dish, it’s so convenient to eat it sandwich style.
- The flavours are authentic and it makes for a great sandwich experience!
How would you like to win a $100 Subway Canada gift card?!?
One winner will receive a $100 Subway Canada gift card.
Open to Canadians aged 18 and over. Ends May 18/16 at 9:00pm. Enter below:
Tell me how you would construct your Butter Chicken sandwich (what type of bread, toppings, sauces etc)?