Rainbow Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- 1 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp shredded white cheddar
- 1 tbsp shredded gruyere
- 1 tbsp asiago
- 4 collors all-natural food colouring
- 2 pats salted butter
- Begin by placing each of the cheeses into separate small bowls. Add a few drops of all-natural food coloring to each bowl and stir until the coloring is even throughout. Add each cheese, in tight color coordinating rows, on top of 1 slice of Artesano Bread. Add the top piece of Artesano and butter both sides of the sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich in either a panini press or a cast iron skillet over medium heat until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted; about 5-10 minutes. Let the sandwich rest for 30 seconds then cut perpendicular to the coloured rows to achieve rainbow effect.
NATIONAL GRILLED CHEESE MONTH RECIPES per Mackenzie Smith at GrilledCheeseSocial.com