Hold up! You know that Black Lives STILL Matter right?
Don’t get it twisted folks! I’m forever Black, this topic won’t ever diminish or become less important to me.
Have things gotten back to ‘normal’ in your life, within your circles, on your feeds?
It’s important that anti-racist awareness and behavior continue to carry on day to day regardless if it’s behind the scenes or for all to see.
- Am I doing all that I can, within my control, to ensure anti-racism behaviour is a part of my life?
- Am I seeking out information from Black educators for the information I need clarity on?
- Am I calling people in and having constructive conversations with those around me that are exhibiting racist behaviour?
- Am I consistently supporting Black-owned businesses not just as a one-off but ongoing?
- Am I removing racist language/phrases from my vocabulary?
Does asking yourself these questions make you feel uncomfortable? If it does or if it doesn’t, why?
Remember that social media is NOT the source of truth or ‘proof’ that people/businesses are doing the work.
This work needs to happen in our homes, our neighbourhoods, our communities, our workplaces, and our social settings. YOU have to do the work and answer to yourself. Keep checking in on yourself, or your business because guess what?
BLACK LIVES MATTER. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.