I won an award? A Liebster Blog Award? I accept!
Yay! As if having my blog isn’t already awesome (sound familiar?), now I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the amazing Sarah at Journeys of the Zoo! Check out the nomination here.
You may be asking yourself, what the heck is a Liebster Blog Award? Well, let’s break it down…Liebster in German means many wonderful things such as sweetheart, dearest, pleasant, kind, and LOVELY! Yep, Sarah thinks I’m lovely and not just because of my blog namesake! So as a result, the Liebster Blog Award is given to those who embody the meaning and are newbies to the blogosphere.
It wouldn’t be award without a set of rules – and no, no one in a suit from PriceWaterhouseCoopers is going to appear with a sealed envelope haha, nor will I be accepting a trophy, but I do have this cute lil badge to show off! Anyhoo, back to the rules, I got a little sidetracked in my excitement! The rules are fun and simple. As I’ve researched the award, I see the rules aren’t set in stone and vary from blog to blog, year to year; however, I was nominated by Sarah, therefore I shall comply with Sarah’s rules!
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award. (done)
- List 11 random facts about yourself (completed)
- Answer 11 random questions (check)
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees (finito) *Updated – feel free to use the same questions I did or create your own! *
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (done and done)
Random Facts About Moi
- I was named after the Queen (my middle name anyway)
- I LOOOOVE 80’s movies and music
- I am a singer – and not just in the shower!
- I was always told I should play the piano because I have the perfect fingers, but I never learned how.
- I won my grade 6 spelling bee.
- My birthday is in just over a week from today.
- I’m proud to be a nerd.
- I have a ridiculously large family, so large that we could totally have our own town.
- I have all of my wisdom teeth!
- I can only drink pop with alcohol.
- I have never lived in any other city but Winnipeg.
Answers to Random Questions
- What is the first thing you do every morning? Open my eyes.
- Favorite family activity? Playing Dutch Blitz (card game)
- Rain or Snow? Um neither but I’ll say Rain wins!
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Other than raising wonderful children? Not sure. Still lots of time!
- What would you do with a million dollars? Retire my parents to a beach in Jamaica, pay off the house/debts, travel and save whatever`s left!
- What is your favorite movie(s)? Breakfast Club, Gladiator, the X-Men movies, the Bourne series, to name a few
- If you were invisible where would you go or what would you do? hmmm not sure, I think I’d visit a few people I’m not too fond of and mess with them!
- Favorite song/artist? oooh too tough to pick just one but I’d have to say My Life/Mary J Blige – It’s on my bucket list to see her in concert…pretty sure my life can be summed up with the lyrics of every song on every one of her albums!
- If you could go on vacation anywhere right now where would you go? anywhere with white sandy beaches, clear blue ocean and a minimum of 27 degrees celsius
- If your friends had to describe you in one word what would it be? Energetic!
- What is your pet peeve? I have a few but the main one? Folks who lie to me in any way shape or form
Recipients of the Liebster Award as presented by PegCityLovely
It’s tough to know who has a certain amount of followers etc, so I will list bloggers that I think are newer (started in 2011/2012) to the blogosphere and have connected with me or have caught my eye and who I`d love to get to know!
- Angie from A Winnipeg Girl
- Elizabeth from Frugal Mom Eh!
- Shayna from Mommy Outside The Box
- Brandy from Insane Mamacita’s Musings
- Naomi from Laughing Mom
- Serena from Bewildered Bug
- Shawna, Monique & Tanya from Royal Nonsense
- Iva from One Chic Mom
- Heather from Sugar N Spice Life
- Erin from Finding My Sanity
- Chris from Canadian Dad
Are we twins?
1. My dog is named after the Queen (in Spanish): Reina
2. ABBA is the best group ever!
3. I never got any of my wisdom teeth. Neither did my husband. Will be interesting to see if my kids do.
4. I can sense your energy in your responses and choice of italics. Seriously. No, I'm not psychic 🙂
Hey, who's the one answering the questions?
Glad to see you had fun with it.
Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
Blogging about Family, Reviews and Giveaways with a side of Humour
Yup, I think we just might be twins 😉 and we're on a journey to a great friendship!
Awww Thanks Natalie! I was just about to post one of these so I added this to it. 🙂
Sooooo awesome! 🙂