In this day and age, most people have at least one flat panel TV in their home. We have a total of three! However, only one of the TV’s in our home is mounted on the wall. Having a toddler running around who likes to push and pull anything he can find makes having an unmounted TV somewhat unsafe.
SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide with their TV Safety initiative. They are ensuring that consumer are educated about safe solutions for families to reduce TV tip over related injuries.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
Wow, those are some pretty interesting statistics! Definitely not something that I’ve considered or thought about until now. Check out this safety video:
SANUS Flat Panel TV Mounts are easy to install in 3 steps with no additional tools required! And guess what? Thanks to a partnership with SANUS, I have one flat panel SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180 to giveaway to one of my awesome readers!
SANUS Flat Panel TV Mount Giveaway
WHO? Open to Canada and US
WHAT? SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180 ($100 value)
WHEN? Contest runs from July 19 to July 26, 2013
WHERE? Right here at PegCityLovely [embedit snippet=”sanusgiveaway”]
WHY? Cuz it’s the right thing to do!