As Fall approaches and the season starts to change, I feel a shift. A shift in mindset, and a shift in my soul. I am compelled to evaluate and make the necessary changes to achieve my zen no matter what area of my life.
Every year with each birthday, I take time to reflect and assess my goals.
My birthday isn’t until October but the PegCityLovely blog just celebrated 5 years in July. 5 years!
It’s a significant anniversary considering many blogs I’ve started to follow nowadays are up and down within a year.
While the inconsistency of my content has frustrated me due to a variety of factors, I knew a change would come, I knew I would feel a certain drive and energy to evolve.
So, I have made a few changes to PegCityLovely to more accurately reflect how I truly create content. The layout has changed drastically but so has the overall vibe.
No more cookie cutter mom blog style! Time to focus on the goodies without the clutter.
I’ve been staying up til all hours of the night making these changes and I can’t wait for you to see them!
What are a few of the things you will see in the coming days?
- New layout featuring my current daily content from Instagram and Instastories front and centre
- A more prominent spot for both my podcast/radio show PegCityChat with Nat and my YouTube channel
- A cleaner, responsive and more functional theme thanks to pipdig (I love them soooo much and will never go back to Genesis and child themes)
- Minimal ads, if any at all
- New hashtag branding to help categorize my craziness – which will result in a simpler way for you to follow along and engage
- New fonts and graphics (oh how I love me some Canva)
- Better picture resolution
What are the things I have not changed or will not change?
- My style and who I am! How I write, engage and interact will all remain the same. Some posts will have a picture and a caption, some posts will have 100 words and some posts will have 1,000. At the end of the day, it’s important that it’s me through and through.
- The colour purple – my mom’s favourite colour, my favourite colour. It will always be a part of my brand identity.
- Obviously to go back to every single post over 5 years to retag, categorize and optimize was not feasible at this time, but this is a work in progress, and those types of things can occur behind the scenes at my own pace. What’s most important will be achieved when I flip the switch!
A huge thanks to you all for sticking around and watching it all change before your eyes!
Oh, and dear iPhone – without you this would not be possible! Haha I’m grateful for the many apps that allow me to maintain my blog seamlessly on the go:
Looking forward to another 5 years all! I can’t wait to hear your feedback.