Every few weeks I get the “chef” bug and make some magical meals in my kitchen. I’m a “use up what’s in the pantry and fridge” kind of girl when I try new recipes, rather than running to the store for additional ingredients.
A couple of weeks ago, I had picked up Kraft Creamy Herb & Garlic Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia. Yes, you read that right folks, a touch of cream cheese blended in with the mozza, yum!
Normally I buy the Mexicana flavor because we make pastas and enchiladas all the time, it’s been a family fave. However, something told me to stop doing what I’ve always done and try a new flavour!
I took a look around the kitchen and in the fridge to see what kind of yummy dish I could conjure up with this new Herb & Garlic cheese flavour and I saw that I had just enough items to make a nice side dish for our BBQ burgers.
I have never made scalloped potatoes before but I have definitely eaten them. From what I remember it was always one layer of potatoes in a creamy sauce covered with cheese. I knew I didn’t have a lot of potatoes so I decide to do my own take on scalloped potatoes and I layered it and threw in a few extras.
I could definitely tell the difference in texture and creaminess vs the regular shredded cheese. The convenient packaging allows for resealing and it sure beats having to shred and season my own cheese when I want to make a quick meal!
Creamy Cheesy Layered Potato Bake
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pkg Kraft Creamy Herb & Garlic Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the potatoes, then place them in boiling water. Boil for approx 20 minutes
- Peel the carrots, then add them to the boiling water with the potatoes. Boil for approx 10 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside potatoes and carrots to cool.
- Chop the onions into small pieces
- Mix the soup and the milk together in a separate boil
- Thinly slice the potatoes and carrots.
- Layer the potatoes in a 1.5 quart casserole dish, then add a layer of carrots, sprinkle the 1/2 of the onions.
- Pour the 1/2 of the soup mixture over top, cover with cheese, and repeat.
- Bake for approx. 40 mins or until slightly bubbling and of course cheese is fully melted
Super easy, creamy and most importantly delicious! Hey, if my picky teen loves it, it must be true! Note the creaminess.
Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadephia also comes in Creamy Mozza and Creamy Mexicana flavours. Would you like more recipe ideas for these great products? Visit the Kraft Canada website to make your own #MemorableMelts
Kraft is also hosting a What’s Cooking Twitter Party on Wednesday April 16th at 9pm EST. You’re invited! Just follow @KraftCanada and the #TouchofPhillyCheese hashtag
Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Canada, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Kraft Canada.