Well hello there beautiful people, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted and I apologize!
I’ve had a rough go with technology these past few weeks after returning from my wickedly awesome trip to New York. Can you even believe I haven’t posted about it yet? Well, there are a few reasons for that:
- travelling for work right after coming back from NYC,
- my iPhone never holding a charge,
- not being able to use my new Macbook the way it was intended,
- and then no access to my blog after the recent WordPress update
It’s just been a rough couple of weeks.
Don’t you worry though, my lil #NYC series is on its way along with some amazing giveaways, one post at a time!
All of this recent ‘fun’ with technology and a few life matters, have left me thoroughly disenchanted.
Yup, disenchanted. I use that word whenever I’m just “not feelin it”, whether it’s with people or things – lately it’s been both. However, folks around me don’t like when I’m disenchanted, I’m usually the energetic, bubbly, outgoing, dynamic, fun girl, but the past few weeks I have just been “meh”.
Do you ever feel this way and not really know why?
I wouldn’t say I’m in a total funk but I’m one of those people who doesn’t deal well with status quo. There is no settling for this girl, I crush comfort zones! I love spontaneity, I love chaos, I love craziness, it’s just who I am.
Lately, I haven’t been able to feel that vibe and it’s been driving me batty! Couple that with this daily nagging feeling that I am not doing what I know I should be doing… And of course, some people on this earth are just haterz, untrustworthy and simply not nice. I’ve had to deal with more than my share of people like that over the past few weeks too. Sigh 🙁
A couple of months ago a few words on Twitter sparked my inner crazy. For those of you familiar with Twitter, you know it’s a fast flurry of conversation, so for me to be able to see the phrase ‘audition for ET Canada’, I knew I saw it for a reason. I submitted that audition and unfortunately did not receive a callback but it stoked this fire of mine for media, tv and video. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the camera. Time to get my vlog on!
I also love interviewing people, I love connecting with people, I love networking and I just generally love interacting with people. Probably a smart idea to have been in Human Resources for the past 15 years eh? I just need to get back to that…
A few things have been helping me recover from this mood, and I’d like to share those tips with you!
1) Eat well and sleep well
– I’m still focusing on the sleeping piece thanks to my toddler, but I definitely feel better when I’m putting healthy food in my body.
2) Physical Activity
– I just started swimming lessons and have participated in daily mini-workouts at work. I’m also ready to start running again. My youngest daughter is a great motivator on the weekends now that we have a Roku3. We love doing the Daily Burn Move dance workout together! I always feel invigorated afterwards.
3) Revisit your goals and passions!
– Sometimes you just have to step back and look at those goals and passions, are they still the same? Remember why you have them in the first place, and what’s the next step to achieving them? Then, take that step!
4) Surround yourself with positive peeps/cheerleaders
– The haterz will try to drag you down to their level, but not if you are surrounded by great people who won’t let you get dragged down! I have some ridiculously wonderful people in my circle and I couldn’t be luckier!
5) COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!
– There is so much negativity in the world and there are so many people who may be experiencing a lot worse than you, so look around, what and who do you have to be grateful for? Count up the amazing people and circumstances in your life and be thankful. As they say, things could be worse.
These 5 tips have helped me get back on track as recently as the beginning of this week, plus my Macbook and my WordPress are fixed, hence why I am able to publish this post, lucky you! haha
Gonna rock and roll, change my mindset and live my passion!
Do you ever get disenchanted? What tips can you share to help “get out of a funk”? Comment below.