Brandi and I only know each other online but she’s probably the sweetest person you could ever e-meet! She’s kind, gentle, and always seeing the positives in any situation. I’m very excited that she is one of 5 well known bloggers chosen to participate in Thai Kitchen Canada’s recipe challenge, #TKEveryday!
In celebration of 2015’s Chinese New Year, 5 Mommy Bloggers have been selected across Canada to compete in a recipe challenge using Thai Kitchen products. These bloggers will have a chance to become Thai Kitchen Canada’s Brand Ambassador.
Along with the other contestants, Brandi had to create one easy, family-friendly recipe every day for 5 days and ask their respective social audience to vote for their favourites. Round 1 of the Fan Vote has begun with Round 2 beginning next week.
Throughout the FAN VOTE period (January 26th-February 9th) there will be prizes available for voters who vote for their favourite Mommy Blogger recipe. By voting, entrants immediately become eligible to win one of the various prizes.
FAN VOTE Prizes:
Each contestant’s winning dish will then be entered into a nationwide competition where Canada will have its chance to VOTE for Thai Kitchen’s best recipe! So get to voting folks!
We moms know what it’s like to be busy and multitask, so rather than try to find time for a live interview, Brandi and I had an online conversation and I documented it to share with all of you! You’ll see what a down to earth individual I have the pleasure of knowing – here’s hoping one day we meet in person!
INTERVIEW WITH BRANDI YEE, YEE WITTLE THINGS
1) When you were contacted to participate in this recipe challenge, what was your initial reaction? Is this something you hope to continue to do in the future? I was so excited when I was first contacted because I wasn’t expecting it at all. It was such a nice surprise! I love getting creative with recipes, so it’s something that intrigued me and that I would love to continue to do in the future.2) How does it feel to be competing against your blogging buddies? I feel truly honoured to be included in such a great group of fellow bloggers for this challenge. These are women that I have always admired and followed along with online. They are all amazing and so inspiring!3) The recipes you’ve posted so far look so darned tantalizing, what’s your inspiration? I love comfort food and the recipes definitely take inspiration from that. I wanted to incorporate Thai flavours into classic comfort foods derived from a variety of different cultures.4) How do Thai Kitchen products play a role in your family’s eating habits? What do you love most about Thai Kitchen products? Thai Kitchen helps to up the flavour in any dish without the hassle. I really love that I can quickly add some flair no matter what I’m cooking, thanks to their wide variety of products. They’re very convenient and make recipes quick and easy.5) What is your go-to Thai Kitchen product? I would have to say that my go-to Thai Kitchen product would be the Coconut Milk. It’s so incredibly versatile, no matter what type of dish you are making. It works beautifully in drinks, desserts, entrees, appetizers, dips and so much more! Coconut Milk is easy to get creative with in the kitchen.6) My obvious fave recipe is the Coconut Jerk Shrimp, probably because you incorporate a lil Jamaican flava! Which one of your own recipes is your fave and why? We love the Coconut Jerk Shrimp too! I really do enjoy all of the flavours incorporated into that appetizer. We all love shrimp so that goes down really fast when we make that dish! So hard to pick a favourite though because we love them all!! I definitely have a soft spot for shrimp though…shhhhh!7) What will it mean to you and your family to be the next Thai Kitchen Ambassador? It would be an honour to become the next Thai Kitchen Ambassador, especially since I’ve been competing against such amazing cooks whose recipes have all looked so delicious! I would be very humbled, that’s for sure. I know my family is extremely proud no matter what the outcome.
Even though the Coconut Jerk Shrimp is my fave, Brandi has 4 other yummy recipes including Coconut Bubble Tea:
Coconut Bubble Tea #TKEveryday
- 1 cup steeped strong black tea chilled
- 3 tbsp maple syrup divided
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Premium Lite Coconut Milk chilled
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup tapioca pearls
- 1 tsp Billy Bee honey
- COOK tapioca pearls according to package, rinse and place in a bowl with 1 tbsp. of syrup. Chill.
- BLEND tea, remaining maple syrup, honey, coconut milk, milk and ice in a blender until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- PREPARE tall glass by placing sweetened, chilled tapioca pearls in bottom.
- POUR coconut tea mixture over tapioca pearls and fill glass. Serve immediately with a large straw.
This Coconut Bubble Tea recipe is reposted with permission from the Thai Kitchen Recipe Challenge